Monday, March 23, 2020

REACH OUT AND CONNECT WITH SOMEONE...

These flowers don't look very colorful, but I took this photo when I was visiting the National Petrified Forest which is basically desert, so they really stood out especially against the pink and coral colored background.

Well, I guess the question to ask is how are all of you doing?  Many of us are 'staying at home' and that could lead to a lot of isolation.  I encourage all of you to 'reach out and touch someone' via the telephone and/or internet.  Call your family members, call you friends and if you are a member of an organization like a quilt guild, call members who may be at home.  We may have to stay at home, but we can stay connected.

Keeping active is also something else to do.  Exercise, yes even in your home.  Read.  Watch entertainment tv (don't spend 24/7 watching news).  Cooking.   Sewing.  Crafting.  Etc.

Speaking of sewing.  There has been a call from many medical folks for masks which quilters and seamstresses are answering by sewing masks.  Check out locally to see if there is a need in your area.  If there is a call for home made masks, there are a ton of instructions online.  Some organizations  will tell you which ones to use.  Others will take any type.  

I just sent out an email blast to all of my guild members with several local places to send the masks. I live in the NYC area and the estimated number of masks that will be needed are well over 5 million for the coronavirus situation just in this area alone.  

And crafting, well, I have still been working on journals.  I can't believe how much fun I am having designing and creating these.  Here are some more pages:








I think I will end up with several to put in my etsy shop...whenever I get it open...soon, I hope.

That's all for now...
Keep well and stay safe...
Talk with you tomorrow....