Monday, April 6, 2020

DANDELIONS!!!

Look what I found in the yard...

I guess that means the spring is here...and summer is on the way. I also found these in the front yard...

Today was so warm that both boys went fishing after their work was finished...AND the grill was fired up for a dinner of porkchops, barbeque beans, potato salad and coleslaw.  Perfect summer meal!!

The cautious news here in NYC is that the number of deaths has gone down which brings down the overall deaths in the nation because the majority of folks with COVID19 is in NYC as well as the majority of those who died.  But, our hospitals are so over extended that as many as ten patients are in a room that normally has only four,

Course, there is now such a high volume of death that the funeral homes are running out of supplies and the city/state medical people in charge are considering that they may have to bury everyone in a mass grave to be removed for proper funerals later!

I guess we should be thankful for any improvement but I can't help thinking that with a competent administration, we wouldn't have had this type of a problem.  I mean, who fires the group of folks in charge of a situation like this...shortsighted folks. 

Well, I hope that all of you are connecting somehow.  Today was the second Zoom meeting of a weekly craft group that I belong to and enjoy.  And tomorrow I have another meeting at noon and on Thursday, another.  ZOOM and Skype are very busy right now...hope they can keep up with the increased traffic.

I have made several covers for the journals I am making.  Each time I sew a signature together, it looks better...practice makes perfect...well, in my case...at least better.  And the covers are the "frosting on the cake'.  They really make the journal look better than they probably deserve!

I will share some pictures tomorrow...

Keep safe and stay well...
Talk with you tomorrow...