Wednesday, June 17, 2020

FABRIC SCRAP BOOKMARKS...

Another photo from my friends beautiful garden of flowers.  So today I finished planting the begonias in the round bed.  Rain was forecast for tomorrow, but it looks like it will hold off until Friday. 

Today I explored a different way to make bookmarks.  I cut out a piece about 8 inches square from a cereal box.  I then ironed adhesive backing (Steam-A-Seam) on both sides...

Then, using a tack iron...

I added strips of fabric, holding them in place with the tack iron...

When I finished one side, I ironed it completely with a large iron to adhere the fabric.  I then turned the lightweight cardboard over and repeated...

I measured and cut the cardboard into four bookmarks after trimming up the sides...


To finish, I chose to laminate the bookmarks and add a yarn trim.  Another finish method that could be used is brush on either Diamond Glaze or ModPodge, letting each side dry completely.

And here are two of my bookmarks...

Give this one a try...it's a great way to use fabric scraps.

That's all for now...
Talk with you tomorrow...