Tuesday, June 16, 2020

WONDERFUL VISIT

I took this photo today at a friend's home.  She has a beautiful garden.  We sat outside with social distancing, enjoying white tea and coffee cake and a wonderful chat.  The cherry on top was that she gave me some flowers to transplant at my home...

I was trying a different way to make bookmarks with fabric scraps and iron on adhesive.  Not working very well,  I think I have to use larger pieces of fabric.  It's hard to place tiny pieces next to each other without leaving any gaps.  I even used a tiny tack iron but it was still hard. 

I am going to try it again tomorrow with larger pieces of fabric scraps to see if it works better.  The bookmark blank is a cereal box.  Light weight cardboard.

I think I have the two remaining meetings all set up for the guild, speaker-wise.  Both are well known and the topics are very different.  One 'Perfection is Over-Rated' and the other one 'Modern Quilts: Myths and Magic'.  So all I need to do is get the rest of the meetings planned out!

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...