Monday, June 1, 2020

JUSTICE CALLED FOR...


After a warm weekend, today was very cool.  I was hoping to get outside and work on the yard, trimming the hedge and planting some flowers but that didn't happen.  Hopefully tomorrow.

Watching the cities with non-violent protests during the day by folks who are standing with George Floyd and all the other victims of police brutality was gratifying.  But watching all the violence in the evening instigated by folks more interested in looting and burning was sad. 

Our nation is going through extreme distress right now with the pandemic (over 105,000 folks have lost their lives),  unemployment, business loss, economic difficulty, peaceful protests and riots with looting and burning.  (Unfortunately, many folks forget that the first violence was 'I can't breathe' and that began six years ago and ended up once again a few days ago, both incidents ending with death.)

I wish I could get out and walk with those who are protesting violence and demanding justice for our black community but at my age and with this pandemic that is probably not a good idea. I do stand with them and I am thankful for all the people who also stand with them.

Where we end up, no one really knows.  However, in the past, after great distress, strides forward were seen.  It is my sincere hope that the same result will come to fruition.  Until then, life will certainly be unsettled.  The best we can do is muddle through it...

Talk with you tomorrow...