Monday, August 17, 2020

WE ARE BACK HOME AND BACK TO BLOGGING


So this trip has been less than stellar considering the truck and trailer. I knew that I needed to replace parts on the water heater in my trailer but that's not a problem. However, when we turned on the water, my kitchen sink hot water faucet blew. What did this mean? NO WATER in the trailer.

Then I found a leak in the sewer line. What did this mean? NO USING THE TOILET in the camper unless I turned it into a composting one (which I did!!!!). So, we went to the first camp. No problems. Second camp, no problems. Third camp...well, have you ever smelled a battery that goes bad? Rotten eggs smell better. Yep, one of my trailer batteries went. Because they are in parallel, both batteries had to be disconnected.

No problem because we had shore power. So we left the third camp and within a couple miles, the truck began bucking!! On to a mechanic...slowly! Could not really find anything wrong...probably had bad gas or winter gas. We could probably get back to New York but it will take time to get the bad/winter gas out of the system. The bucking finally got down to a small rumble! But then my trailer frig stopped working!!! We were still 1800 miles from home and the truck is not 'well'.

******
There was definitely something wrong with the truck, however, we made it home. BUT, the storm that rolled through Cornwall left trees down (Trying to get to the house was interesting!!!), no electricity which means no water because we have a well! And it turned out to be almost five days before the electricity was up and running. Been interesting all around on this trip...including coming home!!!

******
I have to say, though, that even with all the frustrations of the truck and trailer, the trip was wonderful. Seeing and camping with my oldest and his family at Dinosaur and swimming in extremely cold water (I have yet to find water that is comfortably warm out west!), spending five days exploring Yellowstone (and barely scratching the surface of that great park), conquering my fear on Beartooth Highway (four times up and down), seeing Deadwood, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse monument, the Black Hills, Spearfish Canyon, Sturgis with all the motorcyclists, Devil's Tower and finally upper New York State (it really is beautiful!). It was quite a trip all to pick up Duchess!!! Now, I need to fix her up so I can travel some more.

So I hope to be back to blogging on a regular basis once again...
Talk with you tomorrow...