Tuesday, September 29, 2020

BENNINGTON, VERMONT...

Well, I made it up to the museum in Vermont to see my two favorite fall treasurers.  The 'Dear Jane Quilt' and Grandma Moses' painting.  (Still smiling from the Grandma Moses' paintings.)

It was supposed to be peak leave in southern Vermont, but there was very little color.  Disappointing.

There were several areas in New York on the Taconic Parkway that were in full color.  Unfortunately, there was no place to stop and take a picture.

So besides the 'Dear Jane Quilt', there was a 'Crazy Quilt' which was very beautiful.  Check out these two photos...



Taking photos of Grandma Moses' painting is not allowed (which is why I have two books of her paintings plus dozens of small postcards!).  But you can take photos of other paintings which I plan to share with you over the time.  But the other places to visit are the covered bridges.  This one the Paper Mill Bridge...

While I was at this bridge a beautiful blue heron landed.  I saw it fly in but could not get a picture of it once it landed.  But I have never seen a heron that was so startling blue!

That's all for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...