Friday, September 18, 2020

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?


RIP RBG

It's getting cooler temperature-wise as well as cloudy, so there are times that I need more than a sweatshirt...guess that means the fleece vest is next.

So, do you know what time it is?  Have you looked at a calendar lately? Do you realize that the holidays are right around the corner? Maybe it's time to think about decorations. But whose going to see them? YOU, that's who. And in this time of pandemic, maybe that's exactly what you need!

Rag Wreath:  One of the decorations I like to make is a rag wreath. Why? Because it's easy, it's a fabric scrap buster, and it's cheap to make if you shop your stash. All you need is a scissors or pinking shears, fabric and a wreath frame which you can either purchase from a dollar store or make your own out of a wire coat hanger (just shape it into whatever shape you want). Also, you can make them for any time of the year by selecting the colors. Rusts and orange for Thanksgiving and fall; red and green for Christmas; blue and white for winter, coral, lime green and pink for spring.

Strip sizes vary from 3X8 inches to 1X5 inches. I like to use strips 2 to 2 1/2 inches wide by 6 to 7 inches long. The wider strips make larger bows but need more length to tie nice ones. I do put my strips into two piles – light and dark – and then vary them as I tie them on. All you need to do is tie each strip on, one by one with a tight tie and varying the colors between light and dark.  Check out these examples.  


So it's Friday already...do you have plans for the weekend.  Things are kind of up in the air right now, so I am not sure what will be going on.  I do hope to work on Duchess though.  And maybe put the electric throw on my bed.  

I think that with the newsletter completed today, all I have to do is send it out tomorrow morning and then guild is done until the middle of next week!!!

Football, of course, and maybe some grill work outside...and reading.  I want to catch up on some of the reading in the tall pile on my desk...

Whatever you do, I hope that you have an enjoyable weekend.  Talk with you on Monday...