Tuesday, September 15, 2020

STACK AND WHACK SMALL QUILT DONE...ALMOST!

This tree is across the street from our home.  This is a previous photo...guess I am trying to hurry the colorful display of leaves...in other words, fall.

I do have all the fall decorations up except the outdoor wreath which I will put up tomorrow.  It was really cold today - barely into the sixties!

Yesterday I worked on Dutchess a bit and found out that I do not have to take out the other front storage place.  I have plenty of room for the bed with that there.  So, now I am debating whether to take it out or not...decisions, decisions, decisions.

I finished a small quilt top using the stack and whack blocks.  Don't know what a stack and whack block is?  I'll tell you about them later on. But here is a picture of the top...


And this is what I am backing it with...not batting and a backing, but a fleece throw which makes it warm and soft to snuggle under...I have finished quilting it - stitch in the ditch - just need binding.

q

 I made stew for today...thought it was appropriate for the type of weather we had today.  It's a new recipe that requires a lot of steps (and time) but it tastes wonderful.




That's all for today...

Have guild board meeting this evening...

Talk with you tomorrow...