Wednesday, November 25, 2020

BAKING DAY

I baked a couple pies today...pumpkin and pecan.  And they turned out beautiful...



Because I only baked two pies instead of my normal four, I had lots of pumpkin leftover in the large can.  So I decided to make pumpkin bread.  Now, my success lately with tea breads has not been great, but let me tell you, these are wonderful and there are three loaves...



I couldn't wait.  All I can say is that this tea bread is very good, very tasty...and best of all, they all turned out!

So, the turkey and ham are both thawed and ready for roasting tomorrow.  It will be simple...mashed potatoes and gravy (two different types), candied yams, stuffing, cranberries and, of course, the pies.

And no formal seating unless you think sitting in front of the tv watching football formal...and I just might agree with you on that one!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, keeping safe, and visiting with family and friends on Zoom.

Talk to you on Friday...