Monday, November 23, 2020

FABRIC AND PLANS

So I have been up to my eyeballs in fabric.  If I took a picture of my studio, it would be hard to find the floor or any clear spaces because there is fabric everywhere!!!

I am in the process of photographing and measuring all the fabric that the guild has received in donations.  Let me tell you, that's a lot of fabric.  It takes over half of a garage.

We did get another extremely large, metal, sturdy shelf to set up so that the boxes will not be stacked mile high on the floor.  Now we are trying to find out and publicize the fabric to our members by publishing pictures and amounts of all the fabric over one yard.

Course that leaves boxes and boxes of 3/4 yard cuts, 1/2 yard cuts, 1/4 yard cuts, 1/8 yard cuts plus bags and bags (think extra large ziplocks) of large scraps sorted by color.  I am tired just writing this endeavor done!

In the meantime, I have been researching my blog and where I want to go next year.  First of all, I need to get back to more regular posting.  Which in essence means less time for the guild, but I think that will be possible as things are in fairly decent shape...or at least will be by the end of the year.  (Raffle baskets, Holiday Charity, and of course continuing with the fabric!!!)

I am looking at a different tag line.  At one time I was thinking about changing the title, but that seems a step to far.  But as I said I will be changing the direction.  Three days will have specific post subjects centered around minimalism, mindfulness and mixed medium (Crafts).  The other two days will be what's going on in the world or right here in my little corner of the world.

I am happy about the direction I am taking the blog and am looking forward to continued planning and writing.  Course, right now, I am looking forward to finishing up organizing the guild's fabric.

Talk with you tomorrow...(I hope)