Thursday, October 21, 2021

Duchess & Christmas Decorations...


I was hoping to take a drive north today but that did not work out.  I did manage to work on Duchess though.  I got most of the corners sealed.  I have one side left - there are two at each corner - and then the upper parts where I will need a ladder.  I ran out of sealer so I need to pick up (or hopefully find an extra one in the garage) and finish the job tomorrow.

I also emptied out the holding tank.  I want to add some water and empty it out one more time before I add the RV Antifreeze.  It's not a harmful liquid.  And then I will run it through all the water hoses inside of Duchess.

I also handled a couple of guild things and then worked on my own projects which have been taking a back seat lately.

I recently received a catalog selling somewhat high end clothes.  Have no idea why.  But it was an excellent product as far as paper weight and how it was put together.  I couldn't just throw it out so I made something I haven't made in a long time...a tree...


It is quite beautiful as it is, but I think I will paint it gold.  It's so sturdy that I think it will keep for years if I want so I don't want to make it for Christmas only.  It's sitting on one of my work tables until I decide.  Did you ever make a tree out of a magazine like this?  

I remember using reader's digest magazines to make the forms for Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause.  Once the magazines were folded, I added felt to decorate.  Boy, we are talking decades ago...think almost 40 years.  I am pretty sure the idea came from a Pac-O-Fun Magazine which I loved.  Wish it was still around.

Talk with you tomorrow...