Tuesday, November 22, 2022

November 22, 2022

It took four...4...grocery stores to get all the ingredients for the things I was making for the Thanksgiving meal.

I think everyone decided to make green bean casserole.  This is the first year we have served it in a long time but one son really wanted it.  Out of soup in three stores and out of french style onions in three!

Then I really did not want to make the pie crusts.  I have done that many times but it is time consuming and with my low energy...well, I just wanted to pick up frozen crusts.  Only one store had them.  I thought I was going to have to make the crusts myself but I was saved.

Each store was full but not packed.  I can't imagine what tomorrow will bring.  For me, only making the pies (pumpkin and pecan) and jello salad...not shopping, thank goodness!

I am also hosting the guild chat tomorrow.  Not sure if anyone will be around to chat but I hope so...I will need a break from preparing food.

Yesterday the high was 39...today the high here was 51!  With temperature swings like this it's no wonder why folks get sick.  And the days are getting warmer throughout the coming week.  I have to keep reminding myself that we are in the end of November.

A new thought to consider...

Talk with you tomorrow...