Thursday, December 1, 2022

December 1, 2022

Wow!  It's already the first of December.  Remember when I told you that once we had Halloween it would be a fast slide into the rest of the holidays.

Thanksgiving has come and gone and the last of the turkey is gone - dare I say thankfully!

And now the rest of the winter holidays are moving in fast.  I have to say the the weather is not quite in the same spirit.  I mean it was almost 60 here yesterday...raining (which we are in need of) but still 60 degrees!  And there are more 50 plus degree days in the future.

I did manage to mail off two of the three Christmas packages today!  The closest one will be mailed Monday.  I had hoped to get all three off today but when I opened one gift from Amazon it was the wrong thing.  So I had to delay packing up that box.

I have almost all of the shopping done so I can spend my time decorating and baking.  Although, considering our situation, we will have limited decorations this year.  I think the tree and maybe the Dickens village.  I am making a few other things like a tree out of a magazine.  I just finished brushing on a coat of green paint.

I thought about getting some poinsettias but with three cats, I realized that would be a mistake, especially as two of them enjoy eating plants which would not be great.

There's a new word for the month - Anticipation!  A new question for the week.  And a new thought for the day.  This is a very busy month for many folks, so if you are rushed, don't feel you have to write in the journal every day.  But take a few minutes and think about the word, question or thought.  

And be sure to take time for yourself...

Talk with you tomorrow...