Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March 28, 2023

Traditionally, flowers stand for different feelings.  What they stand for depends on the folk lore of different cultures.  

For instance, a yellow flower stands for friendship, joy and happiness in our culture.

I looked to see if there is a flower color that would be appropriate for the folks in Nashville where another mass shooting took the lives of six people including three children.  I couldn't find one that matched.

Are we ever going to have legislators with enough courage  to do something about our gun culture?  Do folks really need to have weapons designed for war?  Is it really wise to give anyone a gun without a background check?  Or to have a concealed permit without a need?  I am not anti-gun...I think there are reasons to have guns including hunting but not the weapons designed for war.

It's raining right now.  (Those April showers that come in May?...no they are here in March!). The forecast is for the rain to stop later this morning but the clouds will stay and the high is around 50.  We actually have some day's forecast in the 70's this week.  I'll have to take another walk around the yard and look for more spring flowers.

I made another dent in the boxes in my old bedroom, especially the fabric boxes which I am storing for the guild.  Once I finish those, I hope to send them off to other places.  

Do you celebrate Easter?  Did you realize that it's April 9th...not many days from now?  I will have to look for my recipes for spinach pies and kibbeh.  It's interesting that at Christmas I mostly make cookies and desserts  But at Easter I mostly make savory things.  

That's all for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...