Thursday, March 30, 2023

March 30, 2023

Another bright and sunny day but the temperatures are only in the low 40's!  Wait a day and it will be 80!

So today is the opening day for baseball...and it's the first time since 1968 that all the teams will open on the same day.

I don't follow baseball very much but I remember listening to games on the radio with my dad.  That's a long time ago, folks.  And I will look forward again to enjoy listening to games in the evening.

I'm still reading Anne Perry's Monk and Hester series but I began including Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries.  There are times when I need to mix up authors.  Anne Perry's great books are long and very involved whereas the Coffeehouse Mysteries which are just as good, are not quite as long.

I am also reading (as slowly as I can) the latest Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries.  I normally read her books straight though but I decided to try and read only one chapter at a time...it's hard...but it has stretched out my enjoyment.  Her latest book is called 'Lemon Curd Killer'

Another book, non-fiction, that I am working through is called 'The Inner Work of Age:  Shifting from Role to Soul' by Connie Zweig.  This is not really a religious book, it's about working through changes as one ages and finding value in new roles.

Do you create musical playlists?  i was looking at one I call my favorite songs and I was surprised at the contents from Sinatra to Sly to Toto to The Beatles to ColdPlay to the musicals Rent and Life of Brian.  Variety is the spice of life.

And that leads me to the suggestion that you try new things.  From types of books to music to hobbies to whatever.  Try something new and see if it works for you. Change up your daily schedule.  Go for a walk.  Go for a ride.  Check out new roads.  Try something new this spring.

Talk with you tomorrow...