Monday, April 3, 2023

April 3, 2023 Good News

Even with the cool temperatures there are more dandelions in the yard.  Soon it will be covered with my favorite flower.  Enough to gather some for a pile of greens for supper!

Today is sunny and warm with the highs in the 60's.  A nice difference from our normal warm weather which usually includes rain.

There's a new word for the month which is very appropriate for April:  BLOOM.  And a new question:  What would you like to 'bloom' today?  And a new meditation on the question.  Check them out.  And remember, if you read this blog on your phone, you have to switch to the web version to see these posts in the sidebar.

Sorry I didn't post on Friday but I had so many errands to do after the doctor's appointment that the day got away from me.  And about the doctor's appointment, it was great news.

There are no heart problems at all...no blockage, no plaque build up, and the abnormal beats are well within normal range.  So, it's all good.  The anomaly may have been caused by covid.

The upshot of all that is that I am really pushing exercise now.  I switched right away to five pound weights and I am biking one mile rather than for five minutes.  And I am also pushing one mile walks.  Let me tell you, it's not easy.  I run out of breath all the time and my back, hips and knees are not happy.  But I will persevere because I want to continue being able to move.

Next Sunday is Easter Sunday with our traditional Easter meal.  I plan on making spinach pies, kibby and, of course, boiled eggs.  There's already a ham in the freezer and my chef son will prepare whatever else he wants.  

For those of you who have children, remember to gather things for their Easter basket.  I always liked to include things for outdoors like bubbles, jump ropes, etc.

That's it for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...