Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April 4, 2023

It's another warm, sunny day with a temperature in the low 70's.

The forsythia has really blossomed...yellow patches are evident all over the yard.

It's time to take a walk around the yard to see what spring flowers have bloomed.  

Remember the scrap quilt top I finished a few weeks ago?

Well, I backed it with a white and blue piece of flannel yesterday.  I did not add a batting because I want to use this as a summer quilt.  

Today, while watching the Trump fiasco, I finished the quilt by tying it rather than quilting it.

It is a large quilt, about 70 by 120 inches.  The backing is heavy but it will be perfect for summer.


Three things to make note of today are:

1.  Finland joined NATO!  I don't think Putin is happy about this addition to NATO.

2.  The election of the state supreme court judge in Wisconsin.  Apparently, this has broken records for campaign money spent for a state supreme court judge.

3.  The New York Indictment of Trump - 34 felony charges!  A lot more than most folks thought.  It will be interesting to see how he spins this!

It's time to go outside, take a walk and a deep breath.  If you've been glued to the tv, I suggest that you take a break also.  

Talk with you tomorrow...