Friday, July 12, 2024

Another triple digit day...this one hotter than yesterday.  Sky is cloudy, though, maybe it won't be too bad...who am I kidding!!!

I got my hard core exercises in and managed to add another 10 minutes to the overall time.  Ten minutes of core work, not walking!

I received a letter for a recall on SnowWhite.  Apparently, this year F150 has a tendency to drop into first gear all by itself.  Going to call the dealership here in Utah to have it fixed.

I did finish the junk journal using a different way to attach the signatures.  I am sure this is not new but I have never done it before and I think I will be adding signatures this way from now on.  I like the clean look of the spine. 

First, I made out of sturdy cardboard, a strip the size of the inside spine and covered in the same fabric as the cover...

I added enough lace to go around the outside spine of the book twice...
I then added the signatures to this piece using a simple sewing method but with the knot on the side of the piece of cardboard...
When all the signatures were added, I glued with both tacky glue and a glue gun the piece to the inside spine of the journal...
For added security, I then glued down the lace to the outside spine of the book with tacky glue...

I also made a writing board out of sturdy cardboard, covered with a piece of decorative paper and then covered with shiny packing tape.  It's in the front of the journal cover held by a belly band...


The inside back cover has a corner pocket out of fabric...

This is the journal with lace to hold it closed...


I have already prepared several more pages for the next journal.  Next week I will be adding pockets and writing cards and decorations to the pages.  I will be using one of the covers already made and covered with fabric.

So what plans do you have for the weekend?  I think I will be taking it easy with these triple digit temperatures and probably work on my next fabric project.

Please take care and be safe...

Talk with you on Monday...