Thursday, July 11, 2024

Well, today is the first of several days of triple digits...101 degrees today.  And climbing!  Going to be a stay in day except to briefly water plants this afternoon.  Oh, and no rain in the forecast at all.  Hot and dry.  Guess that may be better than hot and humid!  Got to look for the positive, right?

Well, at least this is a walking day only...make that an indoor walking day...got the hard exercises done yesterday.

So, I finished the fabric piece that I showed you yesterday.  I used Steam-a-Seam 2 to create the piece, then I zigzagged the seams (and I only found one miss throughout).  I used two thicknesses of batting and a back just to see how the sewing machine handled it and it sewed very smoothly.


Now I'm ready to tackle a large fabric art piece.  Probably start that today.

I also finished two more four page spreads for the current junk journal.  I think that should be enough for two small signatures.  On the first picture there is a side tuck on the left with a journal card and a place to journal on the right.  Notice the cluster on the bottom.


One this picture which is the back side of the above picture there is a regular pocket and a corner tuck both with journal cards.

One the left in this picture is a side pocket or tuck with a notebook rather than a journal card.  I left the picture on the right side without any decoration.

And this side has two pockets with journal cards.  The pocket on the right is invisible.

Today, besides starting a new fabric art project, I will also start on making the signatures and adding them to the cover.  I also need to make a writing surface...a stiff board, decorated, to add to the front pocket of the cover.  

Busy day...including a book club zoom talk.  Enjoy your day, stay safe and use your common sense when considering activities if the weather is hot.  Talk with you later...