Monday, July 29, 2024

Bright and sunny this morning - a forecast for warmer, make that hot weather.  Triple digits are making a return to the area with high double digits staying around.  And, of course, no rain!

A friend sent me some halloween fabric last week and I decided to make some fabric containers. 

I tried a different technique this time.  Normally, I would heavily quilt three layers - two fabric and one batting - to make the sides stand up.  On these three containers, I fused one fabric layer to the batting.  It does eliminate the quilting as the sides are very strong.  

However, there is some hand work to finish the containers and the fused layers made it very difficult to do nicely.  Here are the three containers from the front and from the top...

They are okay but I think doing it without fusing will give a much nicer finished container.

So how was your weekend?  Mine was really nice...I made the containers, watched a Formula One Race (I have really become a fan of this sport!), spent time with the family and watched another new episode of 'Grantchester'.  Low keyed entertainment but very relaxing.

Plans for the week include lots and lot of crafting both fabric creations and junk journals. I am looking forward to spending days in my temporary studio/bedroom surrounded by crafting things!  Doesn't take much to make me happy!

Have a great day...

Talk with you tomorrow...