Tuesday, July 16, 2024

I think the hot spell has broken a bit...it's only 73 degrees this morning and the high today is only 90.  That sounds hot but next to triple digit numbers, 90 isn't so bad.  And it looks like the rest of the week will be in the low to middle 90's.  Not as cool as I would like, but not as hot as anticipated.  

The garden we planted back home in New York is growing by leaps and bounds...the amount of produce picked from tomatoes to cucumbers to okra to summer squash to eggplant to peppers to swiss chard, etc. etc. etc. is quite astounding to me.  And the potatoes are looking like they are ready to be dug up.  When we started this experiment, we weren't sure how things would turn out but the results are better than any of us expected.  And there is more to come!

I finally finished a sketch that I liked for the next fabric landscape project...

It's not a great sketch...I forgot to color in the yellow under the arch! But, you can get an idea.  Of course, I am not going to make the tall features square...that's just a representation of where I want to go.

And here is the fabric I chose to represent the different areas...

I hope to start cutting out pieces today but there's a lot of insurance work that I need to attend to first.  

I'm on my third adjuster at this point...or at least the third person I have been dealing with...and they are slow to answer any questions.  A bit frustrating.  In all honesty, I knew this would be a long drawn out situation.

And things like storage units and dumpsters are far more expensive than originally thought.  But the dumpster is coming this week (for only a week) so we should be totally out of the house in the ten to twelve days.

Of course, I am still out west as there's really no place for me to stay unless I want to live in a motel that costs money.  Seems a waste since I can stay here for free.  This is definitely not the summer I had planned...but as the saying goes...the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry!

But, as I believe, life's a journey, not for the meek, you either live it or leave it!

Talk with you tomorrow...