Thursday, August 29, 2024

A bit late today in posting.  No reason, just a slow morning.  Going to be another nice day.  It's only 80 right now and it doesn't look like it's going to get much higher.

I finished sewing the blocks together for my latest fall project.  But after laying them out, I think it would be far too big for a wall hanging.  So, what I have decided to do is cut out small squares, maybe 2 inches square and make smaller nine-patch blocks for the wall hanging. What I am going to do with the blocks I have already made is to make a table runner.  

Check out the picture below and see what you think...


In the meantime, I used the scraps from cutting out the squares as well as thread cut from sewing the blocks to make a small modern-twist wall hanging...

Interesting results.  I used muslin for the background.  Plans are to cover it with tulle and quilt it.  

So, the last holiday of the summer is in a few days.  Any plans for Labor Day?  I think we're going to see the latest Alien movie on Friday and then go to Swiss Days in Midway on Saturday to see the large craft fair.  And home to stay on Saturday evening for the rest of the weekend.

News reported that this is going to be a very heavily traveled holiday both  by car and plane.  If you're one of the many traveling, please be safe...

Talk with you tomorrow...