Wednesday, August 28, 2024

High here today is 90 but at late morning it is only 68 so I don't think it will get that hot.

Unfortunately, the east is having a severe heat wave.  If that's where you live, take it easy and don't overdo.  It's going to be very, very hot.

I sent out the newsletters for the guild in New York City.  Their first meeting is in September...summer is really coming to an end very fast!

All of the newsletters were sent via email except 7 to members who do not have internet service.  Hard to believe that they can get by in this day.  Yesterday, as I was putting the newsletters in envelopes, my grandchild who is in high school asked why I was putting stickers on the envelopes!  I then realized how different their experience was compared to mine.  They had never mailed anything via snail mail so although they understood the concept of stamps, they had never used any!

It got me thinking about how far we have come from dial telephones on party lines to smart phones with more capability than Apollo 13 had!  Makes you think, right?

As I said yesterday, I wanted to begin another quilted wall hanging project.  I saw a fall tree using a simple nine-patch block, so I cut out three inch squares in different fall colors.  Here are three out of a dozen...


Today I plan on making all the blocks and then laying them out in a tree shape, adding half square triangles to show leaves falling and on the ground.  Should be fun.

I have discovered that crafting (whether it's quilting, or felting, or quilling, or embroidery, or crocheting, or doodling or making junk journals) is really important to me.  I love to read, I love being in nature, I even like exercising but crafting is my go to activity.  Do you have a go to activity that is always there for you?  If not, maybe you should find out what fills you with happiness!  Think about it...

That's it for today...talk with you tomorrow...