Friday, August 30, 2024

Another week behind us and the last weekend of summer immediately in front of us.  So how are you celebrating this holiday weekend?  I hope it includes some fun with family and friends.

I tried free motion quilting again this time with regular thread.  It worked just fine until I put in a new bobbin.  And once again, it laid down a lot of thread on the back.  How fast I went also affected the quilting.  The slower I went, the better the outcome.  At least I now know that it is a problem I just need to figure out and not that the sewing machine is not good for free motion quilting.  

Remember the modern piece I made with scraps.  Here is it is after  quilting in a grid using white thread...


I also laid out the large nine patch blocks that I had intended to use in a wall hanging but realized they were too big...

I plan on cutting all the blocks to size, sewing them together and adding a back without batting.  Then I think I will quilt in the ditch for this table runner.

Finally, I played around with small squares...about an inch square...to make a small wall hanging similar to the one I want to make with smaller nine-patch blocks...


I quilted it both with straight lines and free motion.

I watched the second Alien Movie last night to remind myself of what they were like.  Looking forward to seeing the new one tonight, probably in Sugarhouse.  And then the Swiss Days Craft Fair in Midway, Utah tomorrow.  Lots of fun!

Enjoy this last summer holiday weekend and be safe.

Talk with you on Tuesday...