Tuesday, September 3, 2024

So, how was your Labor Day Holiday Weekend?  Mine was busy, fun, relaxing and enjoyable with family and friends.  And the weather did cooperate. 

I loved the latest Alien Movie and would recommend it to anyone who likes this type of movie.

Swiss Days in Midway was very crowded but fun and I did pick up a few things which I will share tomorrow.  We wound up parking in the city lot and took buses into the actual celebration.  It sure was larger than the last time I attended Swiss Days!

We drove back home and relaxed, watching movies, Formula One Races, grilling and working on whatever each one wanted.  I sewed quite a lot.  First of all, I managed to bind all the small wall hanging I made.  Check these out...




The first one above is a new fabric scrap art piece.  I really do enjoy making these small art pieces with fabric scraps from larger projects.

I also sewed together strips to use later in other projects.  The lengths were 12 inches and 7 inches.  They both need a good pressing...


I also finished the table runner which I will share tomorrow along with the Swiss Days purchases.

Today, I got back into exercising...and did an hour of core, strength and balance.  And I have already taken 3,150 steps...my goal is 4000 every day this week.

With so many projects finished, I need to begin a new one...just not quilt sure what to focus on...fabric, yarn or paper!

I know that it's only the beginning of September, but remember, when Halloween comes around, it's a fast slide into all the fall and winter holidays, so now may be the time to make plans for things you want to make.

It's also a good time to take a look back at those goals you set last January and see how you are doing.  Updating, changing, adding new ones, eliminating ole ones?  It's up to you, but it is nice to have a plan to move forward.

That's it for today...talk with you tomorrow...