Friday, August 23, 2024

Another cool day today...it's only 63 degrees this morning and the high is forecast to be only 77.  It's cloudy right now and rain is called for sometime this afternoon!

So there is a house in the future...my middle son bid on a house and it was accepted.  I may get back east in time for fall!  And in time to make my annual trip to the Bennington Museum to see Grandma Moses paintings and the Dear Jane Quilt!

I showed you the finished top of the 'Happy Villages' wall hanging yesterday.  I wanted start quilting it today but I am having a problem with the settings.  A darning/free motion attachment was not included so I ordered one as well as the special needles used with metallic thread.  

My problem, though is getting the tension right.  So far I have not had too much success with that even after quilting two small pieces.  The front is fine but the back is terrible.  You can see that they both look nice...


I am going to wait until the two items I ordered to try it again but in the meantime, I am going to check out the internet to see if others have the same problem and their solutions.

Last night the Democratic Party finished up it's convention and it was quite nice.  Still, even with a successful convention, it's going to be a very tight race for the White House.  And early voting begins next month!  Irregardless of who is voted for, I hope everyone exercises their right and opportunity to vote in this election.

Any plans for the weekend?  It's the last full weekend of August so I hope you make the most of it and enjoy something special...a state fair, a craft festival, a musical performance, etc.  

Talk with you Monday...