Monday, August 26, 2024

It actually rained a lot this past weekend!  And the temperatures stayed cool.  The upcoming ten days are a bit warmer...in the mid to high 80's.  Summer returns!

I crocheted a lot this weekend making a garland of small snowflakes.  Twelve altogether on a 10 foot crocheted chain.  Check these out...


I also finished the 'Happy Villages'.  Unfortunately, the free motion quilting was not very successful.  To stop the metallic thread from coming off the spool too fast, I added an elastic mesh and that fixed that problem.  

And when sewing a straight line, I managed to get the tension right.  So the 'basting stitches' (Basically straight lines in an X shape and a cross shape.) were fine.  The minute I started free motion quilting, the tension was on and off.  It looks okay from the front but the back looked terrible.  I added another piece of fabric to cover the back before adding the binding.  Here's the 'Happy Villages' wall hanging...

It does sparkle in the light which is nice.  I tried to capture that in the picture of gave up after several tries.

I added a new routine to my exercises...this one is to stop knee pain.  A lot of leg work.  I also added another routine to strengthen my core.  So instead of an hour, my exercises now total an hour and a half!  Gotta keep moving at all ages, but especially at mine!

Well, that's all for today...have an absolutely fantastic day...

Talk with you tomorrow...