Thursday, August 22, 2024

It's 11:30am and the temperature is only 79 degrees.  Going for a high of 83 and cloudy.  I can handle this type of weather a lot easier than triple digits.  

My question, though, is isn't this month usually the hottest month of the year?  I remember those 'lazy, crazy days of summer' in August!

Well, I did finish the 'Happy Villages' top.  Now I need to add batting, a back and tulle in the front and then quilt it.  I am thinking that I will use a metallic thread instead of the invisible thread.

Before I do that though, I am going to make a small wall hanging, using scraps on a piece of fabric, held with a bit of glue, then add batting, a back and some tulle.  Finally I want to quilt that with metallic thread to see how it goes.  I don't want to experiment on the 'Happy Villages', speaking of which, check out this picture...

I did cut down the black area and decided to only add trees.  I did add some docks and a few boats in the water.  After looking at the picture, I have also decided to go back and add a green base to the trees on the left side of the black area to anchor them.

Got my core and strength/balance exercises in this morning...half hour each.  Hope all of you are moving each day.  If not exercises, even chair ones, maybe walking.  It's important to keep moving, especially seniors like me.

Enjoy yourself today.  Do something special for yourself.

Talk with you tomorrow...