Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Did you watch the Democratic Convention last night?  You know, usually the first day of political conventions deal with all the housekeeping things.  Not last night!

It was jammed packed with messages of hope ending with Biden's speech who, although loved being president, loved this country more.  It had to be hard for him and his family but it was also very apparent that the convention attendees loved him for what he has accomplished and what he did by stepping down and whole heartedly endorsing his Vice President, Kamala Harris.  

So, I have been working on the 'Happy Villages' wall hanging.  Check out these photos...


You can see the steps, starting from a blank 'canvas' to adding 'houses' of blocks and steps of color and finally beginning to finish the 'houses'.  Finishing takes the most time...cutting and adding tiny pieces of fabric that bring the village to life.  Cut and paste...reminds me of kindergarten.  Although, come to think of it, I do not remember attending kindergarten!

Looking at the 'Happy Villages' and all it's colorful pieces made me wonder about color and how it affects folks.  One of the reasons I think this is called 'Happy Villages' is because of it's profusion of color...it just explodes and makes one happy.

So how does color affect folks?  The four personality colors are:  Orange, action oriented;  Gold, organized;  Green, analytical;  and, Blue, relationship oriented.  

I love orange and I like to do things, but I am also highly organized and I like to analyze situations and ideas.  So what does that say about the color I love the most!  

And how does color affect us?  Well, happy bright colors simulates the brain and energizes folks.  The color green seems to increase positive feelings and decrease negative ones.  Red on the other hand can do the opposite!  Yellow can increase happiness and blue can increase calmness.

It's interesting, although orange is my favorite color, I would not like a room painted in orange.  I would rather have orange objects in the room.  

When you consider colors and their effects, I guess it depends on how each person reacts to color.  It's interesting that color is actually the range of wavelengths that your eye can distinguish.  

So maybe what your eye perceives best is the color you love.  That's a thought.  

That's it for today...talk with you tomorrow...