Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Did you watch the roll out of Harris's Vice President pick last night?  The one thing that I was so happy to see was the joy.  It's been a long time since we've seen anything approaching joy in our campaigns.  

No matter who you are for, you have to admit that joy rather than fear is a nice change.  It's going to be a hard fought race even with the new candidates on the Democratic ticket but I still prefer a joyful race rather than one based on fear.

I managed to crochet one more snowflake.  To be honest, I didn't think I had enough yarn for one more, but it turned out I did.  The latest snowflake is on the top left...

I've also finished stitching small backgrounds for enamel pieces.  These are 3 1/2 inches tall by 2 inches wide...

So, I completely finished the Halloween Wall Hanging yesterday including hand work, in-the-ditch quilting and adding a sleeve for hanging.  Today I am going to work on the second Halloween Wall Hanging and hope to finish it by the end of the day.

Read any good books lately?  I am looking forward to Book Number 28 in Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries...'Peach Tea Smash'!  Did you know that reading is good for you...reading can lower your stress.  Reading allows you to escape your current situation and focus on the book...sort of a respite or vacation.

There is a difference in how some folks see reading...either using the physical book or electronically on a reader.  Some folks think that actually having the physical book is more important because using a reader will allow readers to skip portions.  I don't know about you, but even when I had the book in hand, I would skip portions.

I remember packing and moving tons of boxes of books and to be honest, I really appreciate having all those books on a small electronic item like my phone or reader.  Also, if I forget to bring a book with me, I can always access a book on my phone.

So which do you like best?  No matter the answer, reading is the important thing...so read something that you like and enjoy a mini vacation!

That's all for now...

Talk with you tomorrow...