Tuesday, August 6, 2024

I have to say that I am a news junkie!  I enjoy listening to CNN and MSNBC, especially right now when political news is so abundant.  

For instance, the choice of Harris's Vice President.  As I am from Minnesota, I was happy to see that she chose the Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz for Vice President.  

The fact is, though, that Harris had an abundance of extremely qualified candidates to choose from.

As I said, I am a news junkie but lately I have been watching something as far from news as possible -'Craft In America'.  I had watched one or two of these programs before but did not understand the depth and quantity of this program.  So I began at the beginning and have been watching the programs, several in each of the 15 seasons.  And I have to say that I have been blown away by the series.  If crafting at all interests you, I hardily recommend watching this series.

As far as my crafting, I have almost finished one of the Halloween wall hangings.  Check out these photos from planning to the current stage...



I used the envelope technique to make the quilt with a low loft wool batting and the backing fabric as shown above.  I still need to close the opening needed for turning the wall hanging and then quilt it.  

I have already quilted around the edge (in the ditch) to secure and I am planning on quilting in the ditch around each square.  Finally, I need to add a sleeve on the back for hanging.  Once done, I will tackle the second wall hanging.

That's it for now...

If you're in the path of the latest hurricane which looks to be a rain event, please stay safe.

Talk with you tomorrow...