Monday, August 5, 2024

I really need to take some more pictures of flowers but I haven't found too many to take pictures of in this area so far.

High today is in the mid 90's climbing to high 90's the rest of the week...and no rain!  Not much new in the forecast...hot and dry!  

A far cry from what's happening in Florida and the southeastern states.  Looks like they are in for a ton of water.  Hope folks are ready!  The hurricane didn't produce much wind but it's going to be sitting and raining for a long time in that area...some folks could see up to two and a half feet of rain....that's a lot by anyone's measure!

One of the things I have been doing in preparation for next Christmas is crochet snowflakes.  I decided to put the ones I have created on the window.  Check these out...

That's my truck in the background...SnowWhite!  I try to crochet one snowflake a day.  But I've run low on white yarn so I need to get some more!

I have the halloween images on the orange dotted fabric...

I was going to do a satin stitch around the different images but for the tree and cat, I thought it would take too much away from the image.  So I have decided to simply stitch around the images on the inside in black.  The stitching should not show.  

And speaking of black, I decided to have a black sashing between each block.  I think it will add nicely to the wall hanging.

That's today's project...working on the wall hangings.  I woke up early and got my strength, balance and core exercises in right away...and am I feeling it now!

Have you ever dealt with a medical organization that does not answer their phones but asks you to leave a message...and then they do not call back!  I have been trying to work with this one organization trying to get the patient portal to work again, leaving messages with no luck for two months.  Not a good business policy!  I left another message this morning!  They promised to call back in 72 hours...I'll believe it when I hear it!!!

That's it for today...

Have a wonderful day, folks, and stay well!