Friday, August 2, 2024

Triple digits today!  Hot and sunny...and no rain.  But looking at the forecast, is a steady drumbeat of 99 degrees any better than 101?  Well, yes, two degrees lower but when it's this hot let's face it...two degrees lower is not much better!

I went to the Tractor Supply store to pick up some vinegar herbicide for the weeds around the house...they were out!  But while there I found black licorice just like the old Switzer brand.  It came in large strips, the size of the strips in the candy bar.  I bought a package and it tastes pretty good.

Remember the fabric from the baskets I made?  Well, I have cut out enough 8 1/2 inch squares to make some fall/halloween wall hangings.  Check these out...


I am going to put some black silhouetted images on the orange dotted fabric.  A halloween cat, a witches' hat, a leafless tree and a bat.  I need to stop by the fabric shop and pick up some black fabric and then something off the sale bin for a backing.  This is my project for the weekend.

So, I saw my first pre-pre-season football game.  Houston vs Chicago.  The game was called early due to storms with lots of lightening but it was still fun to see football.  I'm not sure how the rules change for kickoff is going to work.  They are going to try it for a year.  It's called a 'dynamic kickoff'.  Should be interesting to see how the teams react to it.

Well, you know what I will be doing this weekend, do you have plans?  I hope they include some time for relaxing and enjoyment.  Do you realize that it's August and the summer's end is coming up very fast?  And that means that school starts soon...two weeks for some folks!

Talk with you on Monday...