Thursday, August 8, 2024

Looks like we are in for a bit cooler weather - low 90's instead of triple digits.  Nice.  Every afternoon, late, we get dark clouds and wind, sometimes lightening and thunder, but that's it.  Yesterday, it actually rained.  It rained hard for several minutes and then softly for several more minutes.  About fifteen minutes altogether.  It's the first time in weeks that we have had rain.  

I did manage to completely finish the second halloween wall hanging yesterday including a sleeve on the back.  I only used the tree image for this wall hanging...


 

I think that I will now tackle in earnest the southwest wall hanging that I have been playing with for several days.  This is landscape quilt, not a patterned quilt.  And I realized while making the halloween wall hangings how much I enjoy making quilted wall hangings.

Today, however, I am going to work on some junk journal pages using pages from a magazine that I've finished reading.  I love the coloring and art work and am curious how it's going to turn out.  

That plus a book club zoom talk.   Remember reading from yesterday.  I really do enjoy reading and I hope that you will find reading as enjoyable as I do.

So, this is the last month of summer...are you going anywhere?  Have you considered a beach by an ocean?  Did you know that walking along a large body of water lowers stress...the in and out of waves, even on a lake, lowers sensory perception.  How many of you relax at night and fall to sleep listening to waves?  

The air quality is usually better, especially at the ocean, but also at lakes.  And swimming in cool water is even good for your body.  If you haven't made any plans, consider spending some time, even a day, at a beach.

Well, that's all for now, talk with you tomorrow...