Friday, August 9, 2024

Wow! The high today is only 89!  And it's cloudy this morning.  They're not calling for rain but cooler temperatures for the next five days...in the 80's.  What a nice relief.

I did work on junk journals yesterday and I liked the results.  The first set of pictures is of a four page spread with pockets or side tucks.  I realized that I have never shown the journaling side of the journal cards, so you will see both the front and back of the journal cards...




You can see that I both decorate and add a prompt to the back of the journal cards.  The next four page spread includes an envelope flip...




So do you have plans for the upcoming weekend?  I remember when I was a child, just laying down in the grass and looking up at the sky imagining what the clouds looked like.  Did you ever do that?

Well, did you know that simply doing nothing (like laying down in the grass and looking up at the sky) is really good for you.  You don't have to lay down, just sit, maybe look out your window.  Daydream, or simply watch.  

I actually did that a few days ago and was rewarded with a humming bird sitting on a branch of the bush.  I had never seen a humming bird that wasn't flying.  What a treat.  And you know what?  That brief respite allowed my mind to clear and I was able to continue with the project I was working on.  Give it a try this weekend.  Take a few minutes and do absolutely nothing for a few minutes (or longer) and see how you feel.

That's it for this week...can you believe how fast time is flying by...school begins in one week out here.  Where did the summer go?

Take care, take time for yourself and enjoy life...

Talk with you next Monday...