Friday, September 20, 2024

Another cool morning.  It's midmorning here and the temperature is only 57 degrees.  It's also bright and sunny outside...no clouds!

Looks like, as anticipated, the election will be extremely close.  Regardless of party affiliation, or no party connection, I hope everyone registers and votes!  

Today I have several errands to do including getting the inside car mirror reattached to the windshield, pick up meds and and wash the car.  

I also want to finish the 'Happy Villages'.  I have free motioned quilted most of it.  Unfortunately, I am still having problems with the stitching.  I think, though, that this time it's because I can't put the thread spool on the right way due to the shape of the spool.  Check it out...

Once I finish the quilting, I think I will add a new backing piece of fabric and then bind the edges.  I still like the way it turned out.  It measures 27 inches by 20 inches...a bit larger than my other 'Happy Villages'.

So yesterday we talked about how change is inevitable in all of our lives.  How we respond to change is what matters.  The first thing to do with any change is to take time to understand it and acknowledge and accept your feelings about the change.

Second, consider the ramifications of the change without exaggeration.  Exaggerating changes can bring negative responses which you do not want to happen.  Evaluate the change as realistic as possible.

Next list the ways the change will affect your life, both pros and cons.  You may be surprised at how positive the change will be for you.  

Finally, with the understanding that the change will occur, then it is time to explore the best ways which you can use to adapt to the change.

All of us experience changes, both small and large ones, and for the most part, even without really thinking about it, we go through many of the above steps.  

The trick is to realize and accept that changes come whether we want them or not.  It's simply a part of life.  

Have a fantastic fall weekend...

Talk with you on Monday...