Thursday, September 19, 2024

It's still dark out!!!  I got up early and did my hard core exercises...not sure why but I was awake and wanted to get up.

It's actually only 44 degrees out right now...that's cool, folks. but the high is still in the mid 70's.

I had several zoom meetings yesterday and I have three today.  One of the meetings was with the Textiles Study Group of New York City.  Their program presenter was Jennifer Angus who is both a professor in Wisconsin and a noted installation artist.  What was unique was her use of bugs...lots of bugs.  You would think that focusing on bugs would put one off, but really, her artistic installations were mesmerizing!

Between zoom meetings I did get more done on the 'Happy Villages'.  I hope to finish decorating the houses today...

There's really very few houses left to decorate.  I like the way the courtyard turned out.  I have a few more trees to add but all in all, I like the way this is turning out.

Remember my broken glasses, I thought I would show you how I fixed them temporarily...

It should last until I get back east.  Although the fix looks big, in reality, it's hard to see when I'm wearing them.

Yesterday, I wrote about how folks are learning to trust themselves when it comes to how they decorate and work their surroundings.  This morning I was thinking about change and how it affects us.

When there was a fire in my home back east, I had to change my plans immediately and as a result, I have been out west for several months.  And when I finally go back east, it will be to a different home.  Not only that, with my studio basically gone, I will have to decide on how to create a new studio.

Change!  Without change there is no growth!  Change means getting out of your comfort zone!  Be the change you wish to see in the world!  There are lots of quotes about change, all of them with a kernel of truth.

The important thing is how do you feel about change?  Without change, you could become very stale...like forgotten bread!  What you have to understand is how you respond to change.  And you have to realize that change is inevitable.

Take some time today and think about changes in your life and how you have responded to them.  Tomorrow we'll consider reactions to change and how to handle them.

Talk with you tomorrow...