Monday, September 23, 2024

Well, it's cool today but there's a heat wave coming!!  Not something I really wanted to hear/see.  But at least it's only in the high 80's not the 90's!

So, it's a countdown now to leaving...one week from today...and I will be on my way back east...fingers crossed.  Everything has passed so the only thing that could stop is if the seller backs out but in talking with my son, she is happy to sell and leaving a lot of things in the house for us to use.  And that's a plus because anything of ours we bring into the house needs to be cleaned first!

I finished the southwestern themed 'Happy Villages' wall hanging.  The quilting and binding is done and it is hanging in the living room.  Here's what it looks like finished...

It really stands out hanging on the living room wall.  I sewed a sleeve in the back and inserted an empty wrapping paper tube covered with packing tape to make it easier to slide in.  I used two strands of white four-ply yarn strung through the wrapping paper tube and tied to hang. Because the walls are white, the yarn disappears!

My son (from here) brought back several unused large plastic containers from his house in Park City for me to store things in.  Now I can start packing things.  Why the containers?

Well, I have accumulated several things like more clothes, donated fabric with which I have made several things.  Plus all the craft items I have either been given or purchased.  Yes, there's a lot more than I came out here with.  After all, I was only going to be here for a couple weeks.

I'm a little late in posting this morning because my allergies are getting the best of me and I started my hard core exercises late.  I really didn't want to exercise, but happy that I did.

That's all for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...