Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Well, the heat wave has arrived...it's 52 degrees out now going to the mid 80's.  No clouds in the sky...bright and sunny this morning.

I had the windshield mirror mount put on yesterday...today I need to stop by and have the mirror put on...it takes a special tool!  

And I think I need to pick up a few more things in Vernal to get ready for the trip home.  I am not sure that I will have much time from now on to create any more projects, but I may.  

I had accumulated several more toilet paper rolls so yesterday I made more 'birds' to hand on my mobile...

I want to continue making these so my mobile actually is quite long.  I would make it floor length but with cats around again, I don't think these 'birds' would last!  This is one of the few scrap craft items that I really like and want to keep around.  Do you have any favorite scrap crafts that you like?

My all time favorites are making containers by covering with fabric and decorating, both tin cans and small cardboard boxes...


And, of course, making small wall hangings out of fabric scraps...

I'm always savings things rather than discarding them.  Guess that makes me a scrappy person.  But, honestly, we are such a 'throw-away' society that I like to 'swim against the current'.  The phrase 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle' comes to mind.

Today I start to figure out the best way to pack up the things I have accumulated.  I keep thinking that it won't take long...but then I look at everything I have...oh well.

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...