Thursday, September 26, 2024

Count down to leaving is just four days away...I leave Monday morning early for the trek back to New York.  

I will be sad to leave my family out here but I will be happy to see my family back east.  

It's what happens when family is so far flung...happy to see, sad to leave.

The heat has come back...not the 90's but the high 80's.  I will not miss those temperatures.

I was wondering if I would experience any rain from the latest Hurricane...Helene.  It looks like a giant storm which will affect large portions of the southeastern states.

I packed a lot yesterday...mostly all the craft items.  And this morning I have been packing clothes.  The family back home will be surprised at how much I have but stop and think...I have been out here for four months and there's no way I could survive that long without crafts!  

And with the cooler weather...yes we did have some very cool days...I needed to pick up some clothes.

I haven't had time to craft but I thought I would share one of my Mystery Quilts from covid time...

I had fun making up the directions for this quilt.  None of the directions were very specific.  They were things like pick out your favorite fabric and create a square however you want; or, use some of your least favorite fabric and add to the square; or, make a circle; or, use something shiny.  You get the idea.  The variety of finished projects were vastly different from each other.

I have been reading magazine articles, taking a break from packing, and the latest one focused on kindness.  Think about how you define kindness today...tomorrow I'll share some ideas from the article.

That's it for now...

Talk with you tomorrow...