Friday, September 13, 2024

Another week all but gone and a new weekend is upon us in a few hours.  What type of adventures have you planned for your weekend?

I was thumbing through the Flourish Magazine when I spotted a place for lists.  Actually there are several list places.  But this one list was intriguing.  It was called 'My Feelgood List'.

I was thinking that I liked the list name.  It was better than 'My List of Favorite Things' or 'My Bucket List'.   'My Feelgood List' is more about things that uplift me when I'm down, or something to look forward to.  

Of course, my list would include big things like visiting the Bennington Museum to see the Dear Jane Quilt and Grandma Moses Painting.  But it would also include little things like watching for fireflies on a summer evening or enjoying the colors of fall or sitting quietly on the patio enjoying a cup of coffee or watching a football game.

So what would be on your 'feelgood list'?  Maybe you should make a list and post it where you can easily see it.  Then the next time you need a pickup, check the list for something to do to make you feel good!

Remember the drawing I made for the 'Happy Villages' wall hanging with a southwestern theme...

Well, I went to the fabric store and picked up several fat quarters and a couple full yards of fabric to start working on the wall hanging.  I have the background done.  The blank area is where the houses are places.


If you're not familiar with 'Happy Villages' here's my latest creation...

You can see that there is an island at the top and water on the left.  Well, that just didn't seem right for a southwestern theme so I used mountains in the background and a high desert on the left side.  Remember, this is raw edge applique which is then covered with tulle and free motion quilted.

The wall hanging is much sharper than it appears in the picture above because the tulle melts into the background.  It is interesting that the color of tulle does affect the picture.  Black seems to make it even sharper and red casts a bright color.  If you make a "Happy Villages' creation, you might want to experiment with the different colors.

Well, you can imagine what my weekend is going to be about...football, formula one race and finishing the wall hanging with a bit of reading thrown in!

Have a great fall weekend...maybe find a fall festival to attend...

Talk with you on Monday...