Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Sorry about not posting yesterday but like I always say...'the best laid plans...!'

First of all, when I brought the truck to the dealership, all they were going to do was the oil change and then check out to see what else was needed.  So, instead of dropping off the car, I wound up staying until it was finished.

Interestingly, they found nothing wrong with SnowWhite other than normal...so I figure that my mechanic back east saw the normal wear and decided that I needed to keep close track on it to make sure nothing went wrong.  I am hoping that this is the final car I need to purchase!  So, that took care of the morning.  The other thing I wanted them to do (put the inside mirror back up) they could not do but recommended a glass place to go to for the adhesive!

The second thing I needed to do was drive to Vernal to see if I could replace my glass' frames as the spring broke on one side and so the arm came off.  They did not have the exact frames to replace and so could not do it.  I could look over to see if any were a close match...there weren't!  

So, I picked up heavy duty tape and came home and worked on repairing my glasses until I get back east and go to my eye doctor.  Using four straight pins with the head and sharp point off, one for each side, I glued them onto the frames with the arm attached.  After drying all night, I added the heavy duty tape this morning.  So far so good.  I may have to reattach a couple times, but they are staying together.

The past weekend, I did watch a lot of football!  And my Vikings won again!  Hope springs eternal but I think that they were planning a Superbowl run in a couple years...not this one!  Darnold, as quarterback, looks really good.

I did work on the 'Happy Villages' project and got the bottom row of homes finished.  Check this out...

The houses get smaller as they get closer to the mountains.  And the area with orange and white in the middle of the houses will be a courtyard with steps, trees and maybe a bench.  

I also created a simple design using scraps from cutting the houses out to see how the free motion quilting works with a better grade of metallic thread.  It did work even though I could not load the thread spool the right way because of it's shape.  Here it is...

I like this small piece so much that I have decided to bind the edges!

Tomorrow is a busy day with three zoom meetings, one which I am hosting, but I do plan on posting early...

Talk with you tomorrow...