Thursday, September 12, 2024

I remember taking this picture back in New York about fifteen miles north of Cornwall.  It was a beautiful spot right across from a short walking path up to the top of the hill.  There was even a small parking area.  And the colors never disappointed year after year.

Today the high is only in the low 70's but it's quite cloudy and very, very windy.  And that wind has activated a poor air quality warning!  It may be the smoke from the fires in California.

So, I told you that I needed to pick up some warmer clothing as all I had with me was summer items.  Here's a picture of two pairs of sweatpants, a sweater and tops.  I love the colors...


The pants are too long so I need to hem them but everything else will be fine.  I'm going to check out the second hand stores for a couple more things like a plaid long sleeve shirt.  And I really need one more pair of shoes!

I have finally come up with a pattern for the southwestern themed 'Happy Villages' quilted wall hanging...

Normally, there is water on the left and an island above the houses and a sky above that.  I decided to place mountains above the houses and a high desert to the left instead of an island and water.  The good thing is that everything is raw edge so I will be able to simply cut and place with a drop of glue everything before covering with tulle and free motion quilting.  Now I need to go back to the quilt store and pick up some more fabric!

I got my hard core exercises in this morning...how are you doing with your exercises.  If you're not doing any, start slow maybe with a short walk, but please start.  Use it or lose it is a reality especially for older folks like me!

Talk with you tomorrow...