Thursday, September 5, 2024

As normal, we had dark clouds, thunder and lightening and a quick, lite shower yesterday.  The clouds seem to roll down from the mountains daily.  Today the temperature is only 67 right now with a high forecast of 83...so pretty nice.  I think that summer temperatures may be over...there is even a 77 temperature forecast in five days!

Remember these?


And this?

Well, yesterday I put them together and made a quilt which I will donate to charity.  Here's the finished top...

The border and sashing is actually a dusty blue rather than a light grey.  The unfinished size is 46" by 60".  I pieced a white fabric for the back...

You can see the backing fabric and the different hue for the border from the above picture.

I need to press the top first and then will pin together with backing and batting.  I plan on using an envelope finish and then tie the quilt rather than quilting.

Today, I think I will take a break from this fabric project and do some reading in advance of a zoom book discussion and then maybe work on my current journal.

It was an hard core exercise day today, so I finished both core and strength.  Another goal I have is to walk at least 4000 steps each day.  I am a little half way there right now.  If it looks like I won't get there with normal activities, I may add a walking exercise.  As they say, use it or lose it!  And I definitely do not want to lose it!

It's already Thursday...where do the weeks go?  There are times when I think they don't just fly by, I think they are trying to break the sound barrier!  How about you?  Is time flying by or is it going at glacial speeds?  Yes, I know that time speed is relatively constant...it's only how we feel about it...fast or slow?  And those feelings about time are important.  

If it's flying by, it means you have lots to do to keep you active either physically and/or mentally.  If it's going by slow, it may mean that you do not have enough stimulation or activity.  If that's the case, find something that you enjoy doing and do it!

That's it for now...

Talk with you tomorrow...