Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ReUsing an Old Mattress

I'm really not ignoring my blog, I've just been so busy that I haven't had time to think!!!!  But today I've had some time to do a few things on my own.

I bought a new mattress because the mattress that came with the trailer was uncomfortable.   So I decided to cut the old mattress up to throw it away.  I thought it would be a solid piece of foam, but it turned out to be three layers.   The top was about 2 inches, the bottom about 3 inches and the middle section was 6 inches.   After discovering that, I couldn't throw it away.   So after  cutting it up into useable pieces, I stored it in the car...yep...the car...

I decided to make the couch more comfortable.   I used a piece of mattress behind the couch to stop the cold drafts...

And then I covered it with a piece of fleece...

The couch is nice but I thought a cushion with a wider base (about 2 inches) would be better and this is what I made...

I picked up a fleece blanket which was on sale and cut out pieces to cover all three cushions plus the piece behind the couch.   As Dale will attest, it really is very comfortable to sit on now.   And this is what the area looks like...

And, as you can see, I had to do a little fall decorating...

Well, I need to finish this post...they shut down the wifi at the campsite at 2:00am...and that time is fast approaching.

Thanks for stopping by...

See you tomorrow...