Wednesday, January 23, 2013


The high today was 5...right, five degrees...so I decided to try 'painting' with some chalk and a brush plus some colored pencils.   It's an interesting technique...and one which I am far from mastering...but enjoyable and different.   Most of the color was achieved with colored chalk.   I used the pencils only for accents.   My photo really does not do the picture justice but you get the idea.

Well, we are halfway through this week, counting weekdays only.   How are your ideas coming?   I have made some decisions and one which was an awakening of sorts for me.

You see, I always included losing weight as a goal because, quite frankly, I really need to lose some.   But, I have not included it in this year's goals.   What I have decided to do is to get back to regular exercise which kind of went by the wayside when I chose to settle down, find a home to lease and move in.  

So exercise is at the top of my physical goals.   Getting back up to walking several miles a week as well as strength training and focusing on things like balance.   And, back to yoga at least a couple times a week.

Along with that is to focus a bit more on my eating habits.   I have noticed that I eat less and less meat and more vegetables and beans and rice, etc.   I am probably down to eating meat or poultry or fish only a couple times a week although I do eat eggs.   And, if I want a steak, or some chicken, I am not opposed to eating some.   It's just that I don't have a desire very often.

There's a vegetarian show produced in Maine called Delicious TV Totally Vegetarian with Toni Fiore.  I have enjoyed not only watching but making several of her recipes.   And I really feel better when I eat less meat or poultry and more vegetables and beans.    So I guess my second goal in the area of my physical needs is to actually learn to cook more vegetarian meals.  Maybe introduce a couple new recipes a month.

But, I am getting ahead of myself.  This week, I am only focusing on which goals/ideas I want to tackle this year.  And that's what I suggest that each of you do also.   Next week, we'll discuss how to implement our plans...

Thanks for spending some time here...

Hope you enjoy your evening...

See you tomorrow...