Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day Two...

No, I do not plan on keeping daily track of enjoying our goals but this is the first week, so I thought I would keep track for a couple days.

So, how did day two go for you?   I managed to exercise again.   This time strength and balance training. 

I also got some more writing done.   And I spent time creating - another one of my goals.   Yes, I know that writing is a creative venture, but I want to make sure that I spend several hours a week drawing, painting, sewing, beading or whatever, basically creating 'stuff'. 

One of my problems is what do I do with the 'stuff' I create.   I will keep many things, but I create many wall hangings and my wall is full.   Any suggestions?

Here are my journal pages from last week...


These were fun to make.   One of the craft stores had their craft acrylic paint on sale and as I had none left, I bought the sale collection of 48 bottles.   So the background above is done with these paints.   I then used a white Painters marker to create the flower shapes.  

After using several shades of colored pencils to get the desired effect,   I burnished them with a blender pencil.   The burnishing made the flowers both translucent and shiny.   The white Painters marker leaves a raised, shiny effect.  These two effects contrast greatly with the flat background paint. 

These are still in works in progress, but I like where they are going.

Thanks for stopping by...

Enjoy your evening...

See you tomorrow...