Thursday, February 21, 2013

Modern Art Continued

I had the pleasure of experiencing Modern Art twice today!!!  

First I worked on the first piece of my Modern Art Series.   I finished adding the pieces I wanted and have begun basting it together so I can quilt it.   Here is the progression...


My thought is to quilt it with a diagonal grid in black.   Then do free hand quilting on top of that with metallic thread.   And finally, adding embellishments.  The large stitches at the top are basting stitches to hold the three layers together while quilting.  It's getting there...

Second, I attended a newly formed Modern Art Quilt Group.  I enjoyed conversation with some really neat folks.   We also watched video about the Quilts of Gee's Bend.   It was refreshing to see how unrestricted the women were in making their quilts.   You can find several examples on the internet.   Take the time and check it out.   These were very resourceful, creative women.

Here's the next in my Egg Doodle Series.   I call this one my Darth Vader impression...

If you're from the midwest, good luck with the blizzard.   I hope you stay safe and warm.

Thanks for dropping in...

Enjoy yourself...