Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wind Chimes and Backgrounds

It was another nice sunny day, in the 40's, so I washed some clothes and hung them out to dry.   I have this really unique clothesline anchored to the deck which is now completely clear of any snow.   So I do not have to go into the yard which still has a ton of snow.

The clothes line is the kind that is on a pulley system so I can stand in one place (on the deck) to hang clothes, then just move the line further down.   As much as I really do not like to hang out clothes, this makes it acceptable.

So while I was out there listening to my wind chimes tinkle in the breeze, I realized that I have always wanted the yard decoration in the movie Twister starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton.   It's in the Helen Hunt's character's aunt's yard.   Anyone remember it?   Here's are a couple of pictures of similar wind chimes...

I'm on the hunt to find something big that makes a really nice sound...

Well, I have a question.   Here's a collage with both fabric and paper...

I'm not sure where to go with this...I'm thinking of adding some paint - watered down so its transparent - and then writing.    Many times when I complete a background like this, I don't know what to do with it...suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for visiting...

Have a great evening...